Monday, September 26, 2011

Gonna go buy a house real quick....BRB.

So we finally found a winner winner chicken dinner!  Yay! We now have a a place that's all ours!  These pictures were stolen from the real estate website so they're not all great but you can at least see the gist of it! I'll take some pictures once we get a key and everything! The house is very updated, so there are not any major projects to tackle.  Meaning we don't have to remodel a bathroom or anything huge like that. We will be adding a back door, but that will come later. There are plenty of projects I have in mind for this place and I will definately be tackling the easy ones first.
So here is the basic layout if the house.  I'm not an architect so this is not at all to scale in any shape or fashion.  I just drew it so the pictures would make a bit more sense.  The black block shapes are the cabinets in the kitchen and the small entryway.  I realize just now that I have no doors, so you'll just have to use your imagination! Sorry!
As you can see there is a good bit of space for everything.  I love the open feel of the house.  There is no wall where the living room and kitchen/dining room meet, so the rooms are really one big area. It is a 3 bedroom and 1 bath. I know I was against the one bath, but we are going to add on so there will eventually be two.

Here is the kitchen with brand new cabinets! I won't have to paint them! I will have to go hardware shopping, along with shopping for a new sink.  That one is really shallow and kind of dingy. The stove we will replace with out own, because that one is a bit crusty, which means it's gross. 

Obviously we need to get a new fridge.  I, for one, am thrilled about this! New fridge means more space than the one we have and hopefully an icemaker! I'm tired of filling up trays!  The bulky looking cabinets to the right of the fridge opening  is a pantry! Yes it's small but it's an improvement from no pantry.

This is the back wall of  the kitchen.  There is no back door to this house, but there will be eventually! wink. wink.  That window may turn into a doorway to a sunroom which will have a back door.  The cabinets you see are just there for the entryway from the carport.  They're kind of awkward.  I plan on putting a bench area with hooks for jackets and such there in the near future.

This is the front door into the living room.  As you can see the walls are all painted a neutral beige color, which I will change down the road.  For now they can stay.  I plan on doing some stenciling and a frame wall in here!

I'm pretty sure this is the master bedroom.  Like I said, these photos aren't that great but you get the jist of it.

This is bedroom 2 I believe.  There is alot of natural light in this room so it will probably be a makeshift studio of some kind.

Here we have le toilet.  There is new tile around the tub, along with new fixtures for the shower.  There is however a black countertop in there.  You can see the corner of it in the picture.  It's black with gold and silver glitter.  Yeah I said glitter. That's gonna have to get updated pretty soon.  It does NOT go with the rest of the house. 

But, thats the mini tour.  I'm gathering ideas and projects as we speak.  I'm packing up alot of stuff too so I'll be updating way more often now.  I actually have something to blog about again, so be on the lookout. I'm working on getting Chris to make me a wine bottle chandelier for the kitchen.  That will be coming up soon (if he cooperates).

Later gaters!





No comments:

Post a Comment